Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Hooks & Yarn

For years, I have wanted to learn how to crochet and even tried once, but just never had enough patience to learn. My grandmother was my inspiration for this desire. She was such a beautiful lady inside and out. O how I miss her! She was so crafty and never could sit idle. She was always working on some project of some sort. Over the Christmas break, I asked my mom if she would teach us and she said, "yes" of course! My sisters and I all decided on which color yarn we wanted and what we were going to make...a hat. I thought this was going to be an easy task, but after the first 5 min. I had a rotten attitude and was about to throw my needle in the trash. I've always appreciated homemade things, but after trying to "learn" this process I had an even greater appreciation for all the many crocheted blankets my grandmother had made. My mom ignored my bad attitude and told me to continue crocheting and to not give up so easily. I kept persisting (still complaining) and after about 30 hours....not really, 30 min. I finally got the hang of it and a week later I was done with my first hat!!! I am now working on making a flower for my hat and have lots of other things I want to attempt to make. :) Thankful for the patience of my mother and for the patience of the Lord. He NEVER fails, NEVER leaves me, and HIS MERCY is new every morning.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

It looks SO adorable! Great job! Keep up the good work! :)

Joy said...

Thanks girl! I hope to finish my flower soon. :)

Kellie said...

Love it! and I can't wait to see the addition of the flower! Hey can you make baby booties yet? If so... I know a worthy cause!

Joy said...

I don't know how to yet, but that would definitely be something I would like to learn. I don't think it would be too hard, but I don't know. I'll have to look into it and see if I can find a pattern. :)